OsteoNourish-A smarter way to maintain bone health with bone friendly nutrients.
Keeping up with the latest bone and joint research worldwide, GardaVita is proud to introduce OsteoNourish, an advanced proprietary formula to help maintain bone health as you age.1-8 OsteoNourish offers multiple sources of calcium for comprehensive bone support, plus a multitude of other bone friendly nutrients.
OsteoNourish is a revolutionary formula that features some of the most effective, patented nutrients, including:
- Perluxan®, a proprietary hops (Humulus lupulus) extract
- FruiteX-B®†, a superior form of the mineral boron
- A selection of bioavailable sources of calcium
- And more bone friendly nutrients!
OsteoNourish is not a form of estrogen-it is an innovative approach to maintain bone health that is completely free of hormones.
Maintain bone health with this progressive formula of bone friendly nutrients!1-8
†FruiteX-B is a registered trademark of Future Ceuticals..
Age-related bone loss due to osteoporosis is often called the -silent epidemic- because it affects hundreds of thousands people, often without any warning signs. Although bone loss can affect both sexes, women are more susceptible to osteoporosis due to changes in estrogen levels that occur throughout a woman's lifetime.
OsteoNourish is a hormone-free approach to helping people rebuild bone tissue and maintain bone health with a unique formula of bone friendly nutrients.
Perluxan®: This patented extract from the hops (Humulus lupulus) plant contains a spectrum of properties to help maintain bone health. With a patented, proprietary extraction and processing technique, active compounds known as -alpha acids- are obtained from hops, including humulone, cohumulone, adhumulone, isohumulone, isocohumulone, and isoadhumulone.
FruiteX-B® Boron: This mineral is one of many bone friendly nutrients that may also be essential to help maintain bone health and joint matrix constituents, including synovial fluid balance. Present in fruits, nuts, vegetables, and legumes in very small amounts, boron may play a vital role in the metabolism of minerals into bone/joint structures. As a result of intensified scientific interest in boron, this trace mineral is believed to maintain bone health and joint strength by -cross-linking- structural components or contributing to the balance between osteoclasts and osteoblasts.
Studies conducted by the manufacturer of FruiteX-B indicate that volunteers who supplemented with the nutrient for eight weeks experienced a welcome degree of flexibility. In another small study conducted by the manufacturer that involved 10 individuals, researchers found that FruiteX-B enhanced blood levels of vitamin D by an average of 24% over the course of 60 days.1 Although more studies are needed, these preliminary findings suggest that FruiteX-B may play a significant role in boosting serum levels of vitamin D, which aids calcium absorption to help maintain bone health.2-4
Magnesium: This mineral is essential for membrane integrity, muscle contraction, healthy nerve transmission, the production of energy, and it helps calcium maintain bone health. Because magnesium may play a vital role in the health of the heart, bones, bronchi, and glucose-balancing mechanisms, it may be an overlooked link in the chain to overall health. Some well-designed clinical studies performed with postmenopausal women suggest that enhanced bone mineral density was associated with supplemental magnesium.
Calcium: Close to 98% of the body's calcium is stored in the bones and about 1% is found in the teeth. The remainder is circulated throughout the body where it helps support heart and muscle function as well as nerve transmission.5, 6 When calcium supplies are too low, the body is forced to withdraw calcium from bones to maintain the organic functions necessary to stay alive.
Because it is not yet crystal clear which types of calcium and calcium salts are most efficiently absorbed, OsteoNourish features a wide spectrum of bioavailable sources of calcium to help maintain bone health, including calcium citrate, malate, gluconate, and aspartate. This blend of multiple calcium sources, which are chelated to promote absorption, may be more bioavailable and easier to digest than other types.
Silica: A growing body of research indicates that dietary silica may be beneficial to bone and connective tissue health. Epidemiological evidence suggests that silica supports healthy bone strength and density.7, 8
†FruitX-B®is registered trademark of VDF FutureCeuticals.
Contents: 120 Tablets
- Reyes-Izquierdo, Tanya, et al. -Short-term Intake of Calcium Fructoborate Improves WOMAC and McGill Scores and Beneficially Modulates Biomarkers Associated with Knee Osteoarthritis: A Pilot Clinical Double-blinded Placebo-controlled Study.- American Journal of Biomedical Sciences. 4.2 (2012): 111-122. Print.
- Cranney, A, et al. -Effectiveness and safety of vitamin D in relation to bone health.- Evidence Report/Technology Assessment. (Full Rep). 158 (2007): 1-235. Print.
- Holick, Michael F. -Sunlight and vitamin D for bone health and prevention of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and cardiovascular disease.- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 80.6 (2004): 1678S-1688S. Print.
- Nieves, Jeri W. -Osteoporosis: the role of micronutrients.- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. May 81.5 (2005): 1232S-1239S. Print.
- Nordin, BE. -Calcium and osteoporosis.- Nutrition. 13.7-8 1997: 664-86. Print.
- Gennari, C. -Calcium and vitamin D nutrition and bone disease of the elderly.- Public Health Nutrition. 4.2B (2001): 547-59. Print.