- FloraGLO®† Lutein and zeaxanthin - two natural carotenoids that can fortify the eye's macula, a key area critical to healthy vision1
- Vitamins C and E - two potent antioxidants that can guard sensitive eye tissue from free radical damage caused by pollution and sunlight2
- Ginkgo biloba and bilberry - two herbal extracts shown to support eye health3
The Antioxidant-Fortified, Vision Health Formula
Help support eye health by taking Ocu-Max. With Ocu-Max vision health formula, you can rest easy knowing that you're nourishing your eyes with a variety of antioxidants and minerals that support eye health and vision.1-3
FloraGLO®† Lutein is a proprietary lutein formula that has undergone more human clinical studies than any other commercially available lutein extract. A total of 23 human clinical trials have been conducted on FloraGLO, and the results show that ingestion of FloraGLO helps support eye health by increasing plasma concentrations of lutein and macular pigment density. Study volunteers also reported improvements in visual function after FloraGLO supplementation.1
FloraGLO also contains zeaxanthin, which clinical studies have shown helps boost vision health even more when it is paired with lutein.1
In addition to clinically tested FloraGLO, Ocu-Max vision health formula contains vitamins C and E, which are antioxidants known to help protect tissue from the free-radical damage caused by pollution and sunlight.2
Alpha-lipoic acid is the -universal antioxidant- thought to supercharge the abilities of other antioxidants. And copper and zinc are two vital trace minerals added to this vision health formula because they are believed to support eye health.
Traditional herbs such as Ginkgo biloba and bilberry have also been found to support eye health and vision function.3
†FloraGLO® is a registered trademark of Kemin Industries, Inc.
Contents: 90 Capsules
- Green, Justin, Joe Malandra, and Brandon Lewis. -Human Trials with FloraGLO® Lutein.- Kemin Industries, Inc. n.d. Web. 7 Jan. 2014.
- "A randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial of high-dose supplementation with vitamins C and E, beta carotene, and zinc for age-related macular degeneration and vision loss: AREDS report no. 8." Archives of Ophthalmology. 119.10 (2001): 1417-36. Print.
- Shim, Seong Hee, et al. "Ginkgo biloba Extract and Bilberry Anthocyanins Improve Visual Function in Patients with Normal Tension Glaucoma." Journal of Medicinal Food. 15.9 (2012): 818-823. Print.