Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Flow with Heart-Friendly Nutrients for Healthy Arteries
OCC contains more than 17 different nutrients designed to help support your cardiovascular system. These potent nutraceuticals can help maintain healthy blood flow throughout the body.1-5
- Supports cardiovascular system health with 17 different antioxidant nutrients
- Promotes healthy circulation and healthy arteries1-5
OCC contains antioxidants that are vital to preventing oxidative stress to the blood vessel walls. This unique formula supports cardiovascular system health and promotes healthy arteries.
Betatene®†: This patented ingredient is a proprietary mix of antioxidant nutrients commonly found in fruits and vegetables which positively influence the cardiovascular system and help maintain healthy blood flow. This includes beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin. Researchers in Italy conducted a study in order to determine what relationship there might be between carotenoid intake and cardiovascular health. The scientists found a direct correlation between high carotenoid levels and cardiovascular health, going so far as to say that carotenoids play a -protective role- in supporting healthy arteries.1, 2
In a similar study involving 231 participants, researchers at the University of Minnesota found that those with high levels of carotenoids, especially lutein and zeaxanthin, had significantly enhanced arterial health compared to controls.
Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Selenium: Studies say that blood vessel stiffness can be directly linked to nutritional deficiencies of Vitamins C, E, and selenium. Vitamin E supports cardiovascular system function by enhancing blood flow and strengthening the capillary membranes. Selenium benefits the elasticity of the cardiovascular system's vast highway and helps maintain healthy blood flow.
Cysteine: Studies have shown that this amino acid supports cardiovascular system health and healthy arteries.
L-glutamic acid: Research suggests that this amino acid may support circulatory health and healthy cardiovascular function.3
Alfalfa (Medicago sativa): This herbal plant has positive benefits on blood fats.
Magnesium and Potassium: These minerals are essential electrolytes for heart health and help maintain healthy blood flow.
Zinc: This essential mineral supports cardiovascular system health by helping maintain healthy blood flow.
Garlic (Allium sativum): Garlic has been used traditionally for centuries to support cardiovascular health. Studies have shown that garlic contains properties that may support healthy cholesterol levels.5
†Betatene® is a registered trademark of Cognis Corporation.
Contents: 90 Capsules
- Karppi, J, et al. -Serum ß-carotene concentrations and the risk of congestive heart failure in men: A population-based study.- International Journal of Cardiology. 168.3 (2013): 1841-6. Print.
- Tavani, A, and C La Vecchia. -Beta-carotene and risk of coronary heart disease. A review of observational and intervention studies.- Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. 53.9 (1999): 409-16. Print.
- Pisarenko, OI, MG Lepilin, and VE Ivanov. -Cardiac metabolism and performance during L-glutamic acid infusion in postoperative cardiac failure.- Clinical Science. 70.1 (1986): 7-12. Print.
- Little, PJ, et al. -Zinc and cardiovascular disease.- Nutrition. 26.11-12 (2010): 1050-7. Print.
- Rahman, Khalid, and Gordon M Lowe. -Garlic and Cardiovascular Disease: A Critical Review.- Journal of Nutrition. 136.3 (2006): 736S-740S. Print.