- Contains 15 active ingredients
- Clinically proven
- Gluten free
- Promotes absorption of oxygen and nutrients by nerve cells in the brain
- Supports healthy blood flow in the brain
- Support memory and mental sharpness
- Nourishes the mind and promotes cognitive functions
Supports Memory and Mental Sharpness
Our best-selling memory support formula is now better than ever, with clinically proven dosages of ginkgo and huperzine-A, plus phosphatidylserine and a full range of other supportive ingredients. BrainPower Advanced, only from GardaVita® supports healthy blood flow in your brain and promotes cognitive function.
Phosphatidylserine (PS) helps brain cells metabolize glucose, an essential molecule for neurotransmitters. Increased communication between brain cells promotes cognitive function, memory, and physical motor functions because reaction time is increased. PS also increases output of acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter that supports memory and mental sharpness. Increased dopamine levels, as a result of PS supplementation, also help improve moods and overall well-being.1, 2
Vinpocetine is a synthetic compound derived from the periwinkle plant. It supports healthy blood flow to the brain and promotes cognitive function by enhancing the brain's use of oxygen. Evidence suggests that increased circulation supports memory and mental sharpness. Vinpocetine also has a protective effect on brain cells.3, 4
Ginkgo is one of the oldest living tree species in the world and it has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Scientists believe that ginkgo supports healthy blood flow because it contains compounds called terpenoids. Studies have also linked ginkgo to improved thinking, learning, memory, social behavior, and mood.5
Huperzine-A boosts acetylcholine levels. This chemical allows nerves to communicate throughout the body. Huperzine-A supports memory and mental sharpness and related conditions and promotes cognitive function.
Contents: 60 Capsules
- Kato-Kataoka, Akito. -Soybean-Derived Phosphatidylserine Improves Memory Function of the Elderly Japanese Subjects with Memory Complaints.- J Clin Biochem Nutr. 47.3 (2010): 246-255. PMC. Web. 19 Dec.<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2966935/>.
- Richter, Yael et al. -The effect of phosphatidylserine-containing omega-3 fatty acids on memory abilities in subjects with subjective memory complaints: a pilot study.- Clin Interv Aging. 5 (2010): 313-316. PMC. Web. 19 Dec. 2013. <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2981104/>.
- Patyal, Sazal et al. -Role of vinpocetine in cerebrovascular diseases.- Pharmacological Reports. 63 (2011): 618-28. Web. 19 Dec. 2013.
- Volkovics, A. -[Investigation of the effect of vinpocetine on cerebral blood flow and cognitive functions].- Ideggyogy Sz. 60.7-8 (2007): 301-10. Pub Med. Web. 19 Dec. 2013. <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>
- GINKGO BILOBA: The Extraordinary Herb that Boosts Circulation and Enhances Brain Function. Utah: Woodland Publishing, 1996. 10. Web. 19 Dec. 2013.