Are you passionate about social media marketing? Do you know and understand how to promote brand awareness and control negative publicity? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally within a booming industry?
We are a leading health & wellness and vitamin supplement company based in Costa Mesa, CA who’s products are sold all over the world and are looking for someone who can help take our product presence and company visibility to the next level through social media marketing. We cater to overall health and wellness with clinically tested products as well as all-natural supplements, vitamins, minerals and unique formulas that have a proven track record of sales and consistent growth. Our growing business has dictated a heavier push to expand our brand and thus—more of a focus on the social media aspect of company’s product visibility and market presence.
As the Social Media Marketing Specialist you will be responsible for managing and delivering all social media activities across platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. You will also need to understand our industry market and social media climate—be fully capable of researching and identifying risk assessment—then taking the appropriate action.
As P.R/Reputation Management, you will be responsible for maintaining and influencing our company’s reputation as well as each individual product out in the mass market. This will involve some customer representative work as well as monitoring and leveraging retail sites such as Amazon, Ebay, etc. to ensure our products and brand maintain their integrity.
As the Social Media Marketing Specialist you will be responsible for:
• Communicating in a professional, but unique social media “voice” for our brand which directly aligns with each different product across the multiple platforms.
• Creating social media campaigns and calls-to-action that drive target buyers to our sites and product pages sites as well as influencing site traffic, sales, visibility, and reach.
• Stay ahead of the curve. Understand trends in social media and the health & wellness and supplement industries in order to combine the two appropriately to create the right unique voice and campaign.
• Tweeting and creating and an active presence on twitter each day—engaging influencers to increase the followership of our social media accounts; receiving multiple mentions and retweets in the process.
• Posting to Facebook several times a day in a dynamic and innovative manner as well as and finding new ways to leverage Facebook for professional and business purposes.
• Building a strong presence on Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn for our company as well as individual products.
• Have an understanding with such platforms as Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Optify, SEOMoz, FollowerWonk, and other social media tools.
As P.R./Reputation Management responsibilities:
• Conduct competitive analysis studies on competitors, other brands, products, studies; along with our own brand and products to figure out the best path when it comes to leveraging social media and forwarding our brand.
• Improving the tagging and search engine optimization of published materials or any other positive content to build company visibility or brand awareness such as: white papers, reviews, positive customer testimonials, clinical studies, awards, in order to push down negative content.
• Publishing original, positive websites with the goal of suppressing and combating any possible negative feedback from competitors or third-party sites as well as any negative search results.
• Submitting online press releases to authoritative websites in order to promote brand visibility.
• Graduate with a B.A. or M.A. in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Business from a reputable university.
• 5+ years’ experience managing professional social media accounts in the B2B and B2C capacity.
• A proven track record of success and growth (whether this means growing accounts from the bottom up, or taking over existing “middle ground” accounts and turning them around).
• Significant experience in the health and wellness or supplement industry.
Who we are looking for:
• You are self-motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.
• But you also understand you will be working with other experts and will need to learn about our company. Working in teams is a give and take relationship, we expect the right candidate to be capable to both take on tasks and delegate when necessary.
• You are fully immersed in social media culture and understand the fine line of creating a professional, but fun and effective social media presence.
• You want to work hard and be part of a fun, growing company. Sense of humor is a plus!
• You have a knowledgeable understanding of web based technology and how it supports marketing.
• You have strong base in marketing knowledge in the digital world.
• You understand and can analyze complex business challenges finding creative ways to solve them.
• You are organized and can work independently, but can also juggle multiple deadline oriented tasks at once.
• You are not afraid to ask questions, or voice your opinion within our marketing department. We consider ourselves a team and all aspects of marketing are connected.
• You check your ego at the door and are always open to constructive feedback.
• You are smart, creative, accountable, and willing to go the extra mile.
• This is an in-house professional job consisting of 40 hours a week, usually 8am-5pm and sometimes more if the situation demands it.
• Starting salary: Will depend on the depth of knowledge and experience.
• Health benefits available.
We are very selective in our hire because we believe personality as well as ability to work as a team is just as important as experience and accolades. We are looking for the right person to fit in with our team of professionals. We would like a candidate with experience in the health and wellness industry. If you do not, please explain how your current skill set and previous work history can transpose to our company. If you think you have what it takes to join a growing business in a booming market full of personal and professional opportunities send us your current resume, cover letter, any supporting documents (links/profiles/examples etc.), and include salary history & requirements.
Interested? Please e-mail your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org